This page was last updated 8/05/19
Food and Beverage Manager, Short Term Position (3 months), cover employee 3 month leave – start mid-late June. Finish Mid- Late Sept 2019.
To manage the profitable and efficient operation of the Club’s food and beverage activities, delivering a high standard of service and ensuring members, visiting golfers and functions required by the club are prioritised.
Reports To: Manager – Kim Badger.
Who reports to you: You have 3 regular part time staff that report to you.
On average a 35 hour week at times convenient to the Wanaka golf club, excluding statutory days. These hours exclude those for non Golf Club events (Private Functions) which will be negotiated separately.
Private Functions = an event that is not required by the club.
Effectively manage the Club café food & beverage operations during the following hours of operation. (Weather and patronage on the course, can alter the hours on the day)
Monday: Closed (apart from 1-2 mornings per month)
Tuesday: 10am – 5pm
Wednesday: 10am – 6pm
Thursday: 10am – 4.30pm
Friday: 10am – 6pm
Saturday: 10am – 7pm
Sunday: Closed (apart from the odd event)
Tournament or event weeks are:
- September 2nd – 7th (Annual Wanaka Tournament, up to 200 golfers per day)
- Evening in late November (Annual Dinner and prize giving, 3 course meal for up to 150 members)
- C.O Autumn Classic April 8-12th (up to 100 golfers per day for 5 days)
- March 15th – 17th – Charity Classic, (up to 200 golfers for 3 days)
- 14 Weeks of Business House held on Thursdays commencing in November running through to March with a sabbatical during the Xmas weeks. (150 golfers per Thursday)
Other events as per the working event calendar.
The planning, delivery and financial performance of the Club’s food and beverage operations, which includes:
- Daily operation of the Club rooms, bar and café.
- Delivery of the café food & beverage services to the satisfaction of patrons, whilst returning the required profit margins to the Club
- Planning & delivery of golf tournaments with the local Tournament Convener for; September Tournament, Charity Tournament, Club Champs, Business House.
- Planning & delivery of clubhouse functions with the Manager for; Golf Tournaments, weddings, seminars and corporate golf days. ·
- Establish club policies, council procedures and systems in relation to food and beverage activities ie. Food Control Plan, Health and Safety.
- Follow club procedures and systems in relation to the club administration.
- Supervise and train the food and beverage team in the performance of their duties which includes:
- food preparation
- customer service and member relations, cleanliness and presentation
- Till Use/Till balances/cash reconciliation daily
- completion of weekly rosters and timesheets for all staff
- purchasing of liquor, food and supplies
- signing off and accountability of supplier invoices monthly
- receiving & checking supplier deliveries
- Stock rotation regularly and stock takes monthly, and chattels stock take annually.
- Cleaning Beer lines and training staff to perform monthly line work
- Ensuring the FCP and it’s records are kept up to date daily.
- Develop a modest range of lunch and snack menu items including setting of prices in conjunction with the Manager.
- Monitor the preferences of café patrons to ensure the menu options available are adjusted to ensure the seasonable needs and interests of patrons are catered for.
- Ensure that the catering operations are maintained in accordance with Occupational Health & Safety & Food Hygiene regulations.
- Counsel and appraise staff referring matters of attention to the Manager.
Set performance objectives for staff.
- To liaise with the Pro Shop staff regularly for course patronage.
- To ensure a Duty Manager is rostered on during bar operating hours.
- To follow procedures set by the Manager in relation to Till Balancing/cash up processes.
- Prepare weekly rosters for café or event/function staff as required. Staffing levels should be reviewed as and when required to ensure adequate levels are maintained and controlled within appropriate labour cost measures.
- Liaise with the Pro shop staff daily to ensure coordination of security and lockup arrangements. Café and Bar staff are responsible Tues – Saturday.
- Coordinate with the administration office the completion of staff records for all new team members which includes: employment declaration, banking details, pay rates and personal information.
- Carry out weekly stock take of food and beverage inventory prior to start of business of each new week. Review stock take figures to ensure accuracy based on sales, ordering, invoicing, costing and stock control.
- Meet with relevant Tournament convenor/ Club Captain/Manager 3 weeks prior to the event on significant decision of snack, lunch or dinner menu options including setting of prices in conjunction with the Manager.
For the short term, 3 month contract you will be paid an hourly rate, which will reflect your level of experience. Somewhere between $23-26 per hour.
To Apply for this role, please email up to date CV and contact phone no.s of 2 previous employers to firstname.lastname@example.org Please, we would prefer someone who has accommodation already set up in Wanaka and is able to commit to the role for at least 2 years. For more information, please contact Kim Badger 027 66 44 648
Part Time Kitchen Assistant
In addition to this cover for the F&B Manager, we are also looking for a part time kitchen assistant to work under the F&B Manager. Role involves prepping food, washing dishes, serving at the cafe counter. The role is permanent ongoing for Tuesdays 10am – 5pm plus another half day to fit into your schedule. This role could lead to being Tues and Wednesday 10-5 once September comes. Pay rate is around $19 per hour. Please apply to Elise ph 0221506671